Events & Notices:
The Lobby will be closed at Decherd City Hall till December 7, 2020 due to Covid issues. The Drive Thru will be open.
Water Department now accepting applications
ADA Grievance Procedures
Notice is Hereby Given that the City of Decherd will recieve qualifications for an Engineer for a Street Department Building, at City Hall, 1301 West Main Street, Decherd, Tn. 37324 until 2:00 PM December 3, 2020. Bid Specifications will be provided at City Hall. Bidders must comply with all conditions provided in the information for bidders. The City has the right to refusal on all bids.
2020 Christmas Parade
Decherd Christmas Parade Participant Rules
Theme: Lights on Main
When: Dec. 12
1. All participants must fill out a registration form at City Hall by Wednesday December 9, at 2:00 pm.
2. All participants must sign registration form acknowledging they have read the parade rules.
3. Assigned numbers must be placed in a visible area of the vehicle being registered.
4. Line up will begin at 3:30 pm at 10th and Main. Judging will begin at 4:00 pm. Parade will start promptly at 5:00 pm.
5. All entries are expected to adhere to the theme and reflect the holiday spirit. The parade committee reserves the right to deny participation in the parade to registered entries not in compliance.
6. No entry is permitted to have a Santa Claus character. Please allow the excitement and anticipation of the arrival of Santa at the end of the parade.
7. No Stopping in Parade. Constant forward motion must be maintained to prevent gaps.
8. No one is permitted to get off or on any moving entry during the parade.
9. All children participating in the parade must be supervised by an adult at all times.
10. Participants cannot be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any illegal substance.
11. No fire, discharging of firearms or pyrotechnic of any kind are allowed.